So, when last we met I was in the beginning stages of a paper mache deer head made from recycled material.
As I said previously, my husband is an avid hunter so I asked his opinion about the state of the project. “Wellllll,” he began, ” the neck is a little thin.”
As you can see, I used a Styrofoam cup cut in half. It actually had a better affect than I expected. I had hoped to create a thicker neck as my husband recommended but this shape looked like a trachea after it was papered as you will see in the final pictures on this blog.
Next, I needed to add the horns at this point. I decided to use pieces of wiring we had left from our last building project.
I didn’t know how I was going to accomplish this feat so I did what I always do when I have no idea how to do something… I just started experimenting till I felt it was right..
I have been adding layers of paper mache since these were attached and it is getting very near to the stage where I begin to “finesse” the shape.
Here is where we stand today…
I’ll be adding several more layers to give this handsome beast extra strength. Right now there is still a little looseness in the antlers and the muzzle is still a little flimsy. I expect over the next three days I should get between 15 and 20 layers on since I have a fan dedicated to drying constantly.
I’ll post more after these are dried and I have began adding the final paper sculpting.
Till then be well,